We have had what seems like an endless supply of rainy, overcast days here. The dark clouds have rolled in and seem content to settle over our little town for the duration. The boys and I watch and wait, hopeful for a glimpse of the sunshine peeking through. But all we see is the gray colorless sky and feel the dampness that seeps in and chills us to the bone.
What we need is a bit of warm to kiss our skin, put a smile on our face and make us sing and dance for the joy of living. Nature always does this for us. Whenever we feel the melancholy cling or the walls close in, we kick the blues off and kick up our heels. We go outside and rejoice in the heavens, in the bird calls, in the feeling of freedom.
But today the weather has decided to make us wait. This “waiting” is a lesson that I have been learning a lot lately. It is a force bigger than me...and important...if I will only listen.
Hope is patiently waiting expectantly for the intangible to become reality. Avery D. Miller
Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith. Adel Bestavros
I'm linking up with Chatting at the Sky and Sweet Shot Tuesday.
Amelia,
ReplyDeleteYes, the great things God teaches us in the waiting! It's not the weather for me, but rather my circumstances. I'm learning daily the patience that can only come by waiting. Thank you for reminding me of the gift that it is.
So fun to have you come by my blog via chatting at the sky. So great to make new blog friends!
ReplyDeletesometimes it's hard to wait! but just trusting that His timing is best. now that is the real deal.
ReplyDeletethanks for your sweet words today. I appreciate you.