There is something about this time of year that makes me want to bake! My husband and I went to the Bass Pro Shop a few weeks ago and while he was ogling all of the fishing and camping supplies I was (of course) looking at the food. Amid all of the beef jerky and mango chutney I found a jar of pumpkin butter (with a recipe for pumpkin pie on the back). Yum!
Pumpkin pie is a favorite of the redheads but I wanted something that I could easily pack in their lunch for school so I came up with this recipe:
Pumpkin Muffins
3 c. flour (I used 2 c. white and 1 c. whole wheat)
2 tbsp. ground flax seed
2. tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c. dried cranberries (M loves cranberries so we always have them on hand)
mix together dry ingredients
1 jar pumpkin butter (it already has all the spices and sugar added)
1/2 c. canola oil (next time I am going to cut the oil in half and use apple sauce but I used what I had today)
2 eggs (or egg substitute)
1/2-3/4 c. almond milk (not really sure how much I used just added until I got the consistency I wanted)
mix until well combined and scoop into greased muffin tins
At this stage I sprinkled organic chai seeds and sugar granules on top
Bake at 350 for about 22 minutes
They turned out perfectly delicious! I can't wait until the boys come home, it will be a great afternoon snack.
What do you like to bake this time of year?
Yummy!
ReplyDeleteMy husband LOOOOOVES Bass Pro Shop too. It's like his disneyland.
yummy....sounds healthy too! :)
ReplyDelete