Be Still. I let it go and my world didn’t come to an end. My children didn’t cry out that I was being a bad mama for not taking them to umpteenth after school activity. My husband wasn’t upset that the house wasn’t perfectly perfect.
They supported me.

I felt this sense of freedom. Like a weight lifting off. I just let go of two things last week. But in doing so I was able to sit on the patio with my boys and play in their imaginations. We were the Scooby Doo gang going to solve a mystery. We were outdoor explorers in search of exotic flowers and rocks. We were not stressed out mama and tired boys wrestling into gym clothes quickly before we were late for yet another practice.

I was also able to sit with my husband and talk about our day, our plans and dreams for the future. We were able to sit close on the couch and hold hands, and flirt, and laugh, and love. And the stress of not getting everything done melted into an insignificant puddle.

We were
“Still” last week and so much the better for it.
I want to thank MJ at One Nutty Girl and her
Be Still Monday. If not for this, I’m not sure I would have had the courage to let go.
What a wise girl you are! I'm taking this advise with me today!
ReplyDeletethis is great! I think it's the way life is meant to be lived, but it's SO hard to do. Good job! Thanks for encouraging and reminding me to be still.
ReplyDeletegood for you! thanks for the post and the reminders.
ReplyDeleteI love that you and your husband held hands on the couch and flirted - how often does that happen in parenthood? Not often enough! Loving all the things that make you happy over at my place - thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! Spread the courage girl!
ReplyDeleteSweet boys! Love, love the glass shot. Very unique perspective!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that it's OKAY to miss a practice and/or after school activity. I want to check out BE STILL MONDAY. It sounds heavenly! Love the glass shot....it seems to back up the philosophy of "be still - stay simple".
ReplyDeleteand yes, it's so wonderful to be still!! :)
ReplyDeletegreat photos-love his little feet in the background of the 2nd shot, and absolutely love the 3rd one! any momma would!
Oh my goodness they are so cute! Love the red hair and freckles!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement to focus on the really important things instead of the...not. And thanks for stopping by! It is so nice to meet you. come back any time.
ReplyDeleteso sorry...my husband was signed in. it was cafeangelica who left the comment that showed up as LEG. My bad;)
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so horrible at that!
ReplyDeleteI am envious. But will try to take some much-needed advice from that lovely post. (And those lovelier photos).
Nice post. Made me stop and think.
ReplyDeleteThat glass shot is so pretty...and a great post :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Chores will wait, life will not.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just love your glass pic! Stopping by from Sweet Shot Tuesday!
Such pretty shots! I love how some quality time with my husband can just melt away stress!
ReplyDelete~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com